1. The 44th GPA Assembly will be held this year as a hybrid conference, hosted by the Personal Data Protection Authority and in cooperation with the National Institute for Transparency, Access to Information and Protection of Personal Data (INAI), as the GPA Secretariat, on October 25-28 in Istanbul. Closed and Open Sessions can be followed both in person and via online platforms, and conference venue capacity will be taken into account for participants who will prefer in-person participation.
2. Upon completion of the registration form, created separately for each participant for the event, we kindly ask our participants to make a transfer to the bank account that will be sent to their e-mail address, and to clearly state the participant's name and institution in the explanation. Your registration will be approved after the receipt of the payment and a confirmation will be sent to your e-mail address.
3. In order to benefit from the early registration discount, you should register for in-person participation by 16 September 2022.
4. The deadline for registration for all participants is 7 October 2022.
5. The registration will enable all in person-participants to attend the following events
free of charge;
- Open Session meetings on 25-26 October 2022
- Welcome Reception on 25 October 2022
- Social Program on 28 October 2022
and it will also cover;
- Use of conference kit, lunches and coffee-breaks on the dates they can attend, free of charge.
- Only member authorities and observers will be able to attend the Gala Dinner (Award Ceremony) on 27 October 2022.
6. It should be noted that all categories of participants can register for the Open Session on 25-26 October 2022, while only GPA member authorities and observers can attend the Closed Session on 27-28 October 2022.
7. Since there is a quota for the in-person participation for Open Sessions, registrations will be closed once the quota has been reached (“first-come-first-served”) for categories other than Member Authorities and Observers. There is no quota for virtual participation.
8. The meeting schedule will be announced on the website for Open Session and Closed Session participants. Changes that may occur due to unexpected events regarding the organization will be announced on our website.
9. Registration will only be confirmed once payments are made in full.
10. You will be sent a confirmation by email within 14 days at the latest after the payment is received. Confirmation notification will be made to the e-mail address provided during the registration. The address email@example.com can be used for requests and questions regarding the delay of the confirmation notification, cancellation of registration etc.
11. We may request that persons who will attend in-person present a hard copy of their registration confirmation before the event.
12. The fees collected from the participants do not cover accommodation, subsistence, flight tickets and health insurance services, etc.
13. It is recommended that in-person participants take out health and travel insurance to cover their stay in Türkiye.
14. After registration, no refunds or discounts will be granted in case of not attending the above-mentioned events, leaving the Assembly early, or canceling any event.
15. The Assembly program may be changed without a prior notice. In event of an unexpected cancellation of the Assembly, the registration fees will be refunded.
16. In case of changes or cancellation of social programs, there will be no discount or refund on the registration fee.
17. Keynote speakers, Moderators, Panelists and ExCo Members of GPA are not required to pay the registration fee. This exemption is not valid for the side events.
18. KVKK cannot issue an official invoice regarding any attendance fee. Nevertheless, a receipt showing paid amount of money and provided service will be issued.
19. Cancellation requests for the registration can be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by including the name and application number of the participants.
20. For cancellation requests received until 16 September 2022, the remaining participation fee will be refunded after deducting 40 Euros (50 Dollars) from the initial participation fee, and no refund will be granted for cancellation requests received after this date.
21. No refunds will be granted in case participants do not attend the meetings or arrive late.
22. All refunds will be issued after the Assembly. Participants will be notified of refund arrangements by email.
23. If you wish to cancel your registration, please do not forget to cancel your hotel and travel reservations as well. Turkish Personal Data Protection Authority does not accept any responsibility for these cancellations
Local and foreign press members will not pay registration fees for participation in the Assembly. However, they must complete their registration by filling out the registration form. The registration applications of press members will be approved after they are accredited.
-Local Press members are required to send a document certifying that they are assigned by their organization to follow the 44th GPA and their press card number to the e-mail address email@example.com.
-Foreign Press members are required to send a document certifying that they are employed by their organization and assigned to follow the 44th GPA to the e-mail address of firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important Notice: Submitting abovementioned documents does not guarantee to be accredited by KVKK for attending the Open Session. Once your application for accreditation is approved, you will be informed by e-mail.